[CQ-Contest] Which Coax Jumpers Reduce SO2R Interference

Jeff Stai WK6I wk6i at twistedoak.com
Mon Jan 31 23:50:26 EST 2005

At 06:43 PM 1/31/2005, you wrote:
>Although both my radios have stubs (double stubs on 40 meters) and bandpass
>filters, I still suffer from more interstation interference than I would
>like when operating SO2R from my city lot.

hi Ken - I am NO expert, but I have recently started running SO2R with only
filters (no stubs yet) - and I have only one minor interaction between 20
and 40 and the rest is clean! This is at 1500W.

I use the 18" jumpers from Cable Xperts using RG8X.

If you have problems between all bands, I would look for the leak elsewhere.
The fact that changing jumper cables had no effect is a clue. Perhaps a bad
switch or RF is getting in somewhere, perhaps thru a control cable or
something. Again, no expert, but it seems like a bad stub could really wreak
havoc...

(Brainstorming) Maybe take it down to literally two bands and just filters
to reduce the variables, get that clean, and then build it up gradually.

Also, this book really helped me get set up:

http://www.qth.com/inrad/book.htm

hope this helps somehow - 73 & GL - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I