[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [The Daily DX] DX SUMMIT AND THE FINNISHTREASUREHUNT

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Wed Jul 6 22:00:18 EDT 2005

This doesn't bother me one iota and that it does bother some, frankly,
frightens me.

It's no different than IARU saying the NU1AW and W1AW/5 will be on the air,
or RAC announcing that all VE*RAC stations will be activated for Canada Day.
There's no specific frequency information contained within, the announcement
is carried OUTSIDE the contest period and there's no indication here that
the OH*W stations will spot themselves. There's no prohibition on being
spotted by others.

It's a shame that operators who try to add some harmless fun to a contest at
the peak of summer doldrums would be castigated.

I think it's time we lightened up and looked for real violations of the
rules instead of trying to fabricate them where none exists. At a time when
we should be doing all we can to encourage the use of our frequencies by
amateurs, that this kind of activity is shat upon is hard to fathom.

73, kelly
ve4xt