[CQ-Contest] WRTC-Style Team Challenge - Team Updates

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Wed Jul 6 22:49:49 EDT 2005

Only a few more days before IARU HF - we have a few teams getting ready for
the WRTC-Style Team Challenge.  The Vraka Men (op - 5B4AFM and 5B4WN) are
prepared to defend themselves against the Belgian HF Devils (op - ON4CCP and
ON5ZO).  The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is back as well (K8AJS and
N8IW) and the Pacific Northwest will be represented by the Sleepless in
Seattle team of N7WA and N7ZG.  Pasi OH6UM is entering as Pasi and the
Puppets - you will have to wait for the results to see what he means by
that!

The full rules and prior year's results are available at
wwdxc.org/wrtcrule.htm.  Simply stated, two-operator teams follow WRTC rules
to enter the IARU HF Championship as a multi-single entry.  Your score is
completely legitimate as an IARU entry - this is a "contest within a
contest."  This year, we have both a high-power and low-power category (as
well as a family category for father-and-son, mother-and-daughter,
husband-and-wife).  If you're thinking about sharing your radio with a
friend this weekend, this is a great way to have fun and keep the rate
going!

Hope to see you in the pileups!

73, Ward N0AX