[CQ-Contest] Spotting Networks

Tim Holmes w8tah at zoominternet.net
Thu Jul 7 10:18:03 EDT 2005

Good Morning everyone:

As I am getting ready to play in the contest this weekend, i was
wondering what spotting sources everyone uses for those contests that
allow spotting.

I have typically used the cluster at DX central and used the filters on
my software or those at DX Central to filter out spots that i dont want
(i generally filter any that dont originate near me (to help cut down
the noise)

I am more of a "for fun" Contester, as with my IC-706MKIIG I dont have a
serious chance in any contest, but I do like to play, and I want to make
the most of my limited time.  In fact some times i will enter contests
as a Single-assisted to be able to use spotting networks -- like I said
-- i have no hope of winning, I just want to have fun.

I use N1MM and I love the bandmap features that it has.

Thanks

TIM
W8TAH