[CQ-Contest] PDA Contest Logger - was Everyone uses CT

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Thu Jul 7 12:42:53 EDT 2005

> would love it if someone would write a simple contest logging
>program for
> the PALM OS series of devices as I use a older Palm M125 for my data
> organizer with a external keyboad and it is great for use in the car
>as I am
> in it 85% of the time. Even just a simple field day lodder would be
>nice...

How many hams use a PDA?  How many of them use Palm?  How many of them
use/want to use their Palm for logging?  It is probably a pretty low
number, Jacob.

You might be better off writing your own software or just using a
spreadsheet.  I have used an Excel spreadsheet in my Compaq Aero 1550
PDA for a long time.  It works fine.  Not a full-up logging program
(no dupe/previous QSO checking, automatic field entry, etc.), but good
enough to house the calls, dates, times, bands, modes, and
names/locations.  I don't know if your PDA has it, but mine has a
voice recorder.  I generally use it to record the QSO info while I'm
driving, then transcribe it to the spreadsheet when I get to my next
destination.

73,
dale, kg5u