[CQ-Contest] CT

Dennis McAlpine dennis.mcalpine at verizon.net
Thu Jul 7 18:30:44 EDT 2005

Not to bring up a sore subject for many of us, but many contesters are
intimately familiar with the term "divorce."  (In fact, count the number of
active contesters who have not been divorced at least once and you may still
have some fingers left over.)To echo an old phrase often heard in such
proceedings, "sometimes, you just have to move on."

Everything else in ham radio seems to have gone to Windows so, unless I have
more computers on the operating desk than radios, I can't do all the things
I want to do.  It wasn't so bad that I couldn't use Windows DOS to send
code, it wasn't so bad that my old DOS computers were even slower than I
was, it wasn't so bad that all my other software used Windows, it wasn't so
bad when I no longer could find computers with more than one serial port but
I finally caved in when I couldn't network all the computers in the house to
my new high sppeed FIOS fiber optic data line.  Ah, yes  progress is a
wonderful thing.

Dennis, K2SX