[CQ-Contest] 40m Woodpecker during IARU

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sun Jul 10 20:48:01 EDT 2005

NZ7G added:

>I was just tuning around on 40M a few minutes before the start of IARU.
>40M sounded great from from here in the Pacific NW.   I was hearing lots
>of VR2's and VK's and YE0HQ.   It was getting
>pumped.   Then all of the sudden that !@#%$!@#$~!#$ over the horizon radar
>started up.
>
>I wonder if there is also and e-mail address that we can all send our
>comments to.   Is the ARRL as upset about this as they are about BPL?

At first it looked like we'd be spared - but that wasn't to be.  There
were times when proximity worked to my advantage, but the rest
of the time the band was a lost cause when it was on.

I would have thought there would be a better e-mail address, but at:

http://www.ofta.gov.hk/en/enq_help/pub_comp.html it says to use
<webmaster at ofta.gov.hk>.

73, VR2BrettGraham