[CQ-Contest] HQ station thing

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at myway.com
Mon Jul 11 05:47:26 EDT 2005

Hello,

I very rarely find myself agreeing with K3BU but this time I think he has a point.

IMO HQs should be governed by the same rules as MS's, because

1, The HQ's are taking too much spectra by constant CQing(by often not being limited by anything eg own interference limits) not allowing averege stations to join the fun which actually contraproductive for the contest.

2, Currently HQs have nothing to do with competition and tackling technical challanges (the two cornerstones of contesting IMHO) but by own country ham population (se DA0HQ 160m SSB QSO figures) and geographical distribution of FBG (remember old Doom game?) stations.

You David, you maybe have a point,too. Yuri should better target his complaints and coomunication to the organizers but remember what the US guys obtained with their constant whining abt WPX scoring, so starting a debate here might get rewarded, too.

73, Zoli HA1AG