[CQ-Contest] Operating Methods or Equipment?

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Sun Jul 17 00:04:02 EDT 2005

Buck, N4PGW wrote:

 > I have often thought of a good contest being the "Dipole Derby", a contest I
 > conceived where all operators are separated into Cliff-dwellers, dipoles and
 > similar antennas, QRP, <50 watts and up to 150 watts categories.

"Dipole Derby" ... cool idea, except the "Cliff-dweller" up 7,000 on the
side of a mountain with equal skills most likely do a LOT better (some
directions) than the guy down in the flatlands (or in a hole).  Still, it
might be hoot...irrespective of locations...to have a mini contest once in
a while were ALL participants (even the Big Guns) had to use a dipole not
to exceed 25 feet off the ground.  Well, maybe wait until the next Sunspot
Cycle Peak for this one :-)

Mike, W7DRA wrote:

 > No fair to use any of that sissy computer stuff.

HUH?  Them's fightin' words, pardner!  Try doing QRQ SO2R in a major
contest without a "sissy computer" ;-(

You certainly must have been joking, right?

73...

Rick, K6VVA