[CQ-Contest] FT-920 - IC-718

KE5CTY Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 23 01:14:40 EDT 2005

I would love to be wrong. I am *very* open to being able to make adjustments
to what it appears I have found out. It is disqueting to me it just seems to
be the way it is based on the feedback and the ages of the rigs themselves.

Remember am just basing my conclusions on what seems to be the most sought
after (preferred) radios for what is considered the most grueling test
(CONTESTING) and those who are at the top of the list don't consider the
rigs you mentioned as preferred, but the older ones.

They may have some interesting and new bells and whistles, but do they
*really* add to better operation or are they just "neat" stuff (that is what
I meant by smoke and mirrors)? In other words they are in fact inovative in
there own right (I agree), but do they *really* add to better communication
or are they just new *stuff* more buttons so to speak.

It would seem the later is true or they would be preferred wouldn't they?

I mean preferred by those who look at the bottom line (the top guys) - will
the rig help *the most* while in the "heat of battle".

TNX,
Bob
KE5CTY (old calls WB5ZQU - WY5L)
http://www.qsl.net/ke5cty/
Code may be dying but the pioneering spirit that put the code there in
the first place is still going strong.