[CQ-Contest] Contest Duration

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Sat Jul 23 12:17:15 EDT 2005

A 36 hour SOAB category within the big 48 hour events seems like a good idea
to me.

This would provide an opportunity for many more to compete rather than
merely participate.  As we all know, competition is fun and participating in
the knowledge you don't have time to compete denies a whole bunch of that
fun!

I still try to do 48 hours straight in some events but it has always seemed
to me that contests requiring this place way too much emphasis on stamina
and probably not enough on operating tactics and skill :-)

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F