[CQ-Contest] Contesters on CW (was: FCC on CW)

Dick Flanagan dick at twohams.com
Mon Jul 25 04:46:12 EDT 2005

At 04:03 AM 7/24/2005, sawyered at earthlink.net wrote:
 >Will the CW portion of those decline?  Quite possibly, if we approach it
 >wrong.  But not if we share why we love it.
 >
 >Ward's flyfishing was a great example.  Add Snowshoeing, bow hunting, and
 >other "ancient" technologies that are growth interests right now.  None of
 >them growing because we forced the item in someone's hand in order to ski or
 >hunt.

I think Ed and Ward have the right idea.  Human nature proves this over and
over again:
    Tell me to do something, I'll fight it.
    Ask me to do something, I'll try it.

Above all don't yell at the new people this brings into the hobby, a lot of
them will be doing something they've always dreamed of and they will be
looking for our help and support.

73, Dick
--
Dick Flanagan K7VC NV SM