[CQ-Contest] CQWW results

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Sun Jul 31 20:50:08 EDT 2005

On 31 Jul 2005 Dale  wrote:

> Given that a lot of volunteer jobs are thankless and not
> as rewarding as others, maybe if someone (Lee, any other
> log checkers, etc.) would be so kind as to describe the
> functions and procedures of volunteer log checkers it
> might help create or extend the "queue of people waiting
> at the CQ doorstep".

I am not familiar with current log-checking procedures in any great
detail...a lot has changed since I did any of it at all, and my
experience was very limited - a little assistance for K4JRB  for the
CQ160 contest, and a bit of state QSO party experience...and back
then, probably 90% or more of the submissions were on paper.

> How does one apply to become a log checker?

I would think one would contact the contest sponsor and make
inquiries as to exactly what is involved and whether or not they
would be interested in your help.  Surely they could answer all your
questions.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA