[CQ-Contest] Dayton and the forum issues

ku8e@bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 10 09:35:36 EDT 2005

K8CC wrote:
I think that might have been where the 1985 ARRL National Convention was
held?  I drove down from Detroit to Louisville for that one and was mighty
impressed with the facility and it struck me way back then how superior it
was to Hara.  Heck, it's parking lot alone was many times the size of the
entire Hara property!

There are many thing to be annoyed with at Dayton but lack of parking has
been my pet peeve for two decades!

If I remember right this was the weekend that the idea for the NCJ NAQP contest was
put together by K8CC and others....  "in the smoke filled room"  I seem to remember a bunch
of W5 contesters from Texas attending this convention. That was 20 years ago !!!  Wow I am feeling old now...

Jeff KU8E