[CQ-Contest] 40m 'Woodpecker'

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sun Jun 19 22:13:45 EDT 2005

ZL1CT contributed:

>There has been quite a bit of discussion recently on the NZDXR reflector
>about low-band QRM - one of the 'accused' was   http://superdarn.jhuapl.edu/
>which I think has been 'acquitted' recently on the grounds that it can't go
>below 8MHz - maybe ....

I couldn't find anything about operating frequencies or anything like
that.  Anybody know?

With apparently at least USA Gov't funding & involving ten other countries,
if these things stray into the amateur bands we should be making a
real fuss about it.

Any QSNs for this or anything else of this nature are welcome at
<intruders at wia.org.au>.  As the radiosporting community is quite
active, has some of the best kit & stands the most to loose when
countries play silly buggers with stuff from the UN, posts to cq-contest
are also a good idea to help get the word out.

73, VR2BrettGraham