[CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: New Contester needs advice

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sat Jun 25 16:51:43 EDT 2005

Hi Rex et al

 I remember when we moved into this house years ago, the first thing that
got unpacked was the rig.  I had an old Webster Bandspanner mobile and and I
laid it on the table and hooked up the tuner to it and kept my skeds with
the gang till I got the dipole up.  Most anything will work and make some
Q's.

A great antenna to start out is the trusty old 80 meter center or end fed
zepp.  That will put out a respectable signal on all bands with a good
tuner.  I don't think we will have to worry too much about 10 meters for a
while, but if it comes in during a test, the zepp sure will work there FB.
That is what I am using on the 2nd radio here.  73
Tomn W7WHY