[CQ-Contest] Icom 756PRO as contest rig

John Geiger ne0p at lcisp.com
Mon Jun 27 18:17:39 EDT 2005

I have seen some very good prices recently on used Icom 756PROs, and wonder how they do as contest rigs?  This is not the II or III model, just the straight PRO.  The QST review gave kind of mixed messages as to how its receiver does under contest operations.  I am interested in how its receiver and DSP filtering perform.  Not really interested in how easy it interfaces with a computer logging program.

I have had a 756 original in the past, and really liked the setup of it.

73s John NE0P