[CQ-Contest] Sprint expansion?

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Sat Mar 5 09:35:58 EST 2005

At 08:00 AM 3/4/2005, AA4LR wrote:

>On Mar 3, 2005, at 5:13 PM, <ku8e at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>   Since Tree can now get the CW Sprint results out a couple weeks
>> after the contest does that mean we can have more than 2 CW Sprints a
>> year ???   Please !!!!   How about having them quarterly ???
>
>To be fair, wouldn't you have to add two Phone and two RTTY sprints as well.

The CW Sprint has 50%+ more participants (and logs submitted) than the SSB Sprint, and four times more than the RTTY Sprint.

Logs received:
                CW  SSB  RTTY
2004-fall     194   112   44
2004-spr     219   150   69
2003-fall     209   110    43
2003-spr     202   136    63
2002-fall     187   114    42
2002-spr     170   126   34

I'd encourage another CW Sprint now, and wait until activity levels on SSB or RTTY top 200 logs before considering expansion.

              -- Tom