[CQ-Contest] NCJ Contest Tips, Tricks & Techniques topic

Gary Sutcliffe w9xt at unifiedmicro.com
Mon Mar 14 07:22:18 EST 2005

Hi Gang

I would appreciate your input on the next topic for my NCJ column.  Please
reply directly and be sure your call sign is in your response. Please try
to get then to me by Wednesday night. Thanks for your help.

How do you quickly learn propagation from an unfamiliar location? If you
are going to a new location as a guest op, or on a contest DXpedition, how
do you figure out what your band plans will be? What propagation tools have
helped? How do you quickly find out which bands play best with the antennas
at hand?  If you have moved to another geographic location, how many
contests did it take before you felt you had learned propagation and best
operating practices from the new QTH?

Gary Sutcliffe  W9XT
Unified Microsystems
w9xt at unifiedmicro.com