[CQ-Contest] Remembering the BEST TIMES at Multi-Multi Operations.....

Bob Naumann n5nj at gte.net
Wed Mar 16 08:46:45 EST 2005

Jeff,

You're right about good times at multi-ops!

There are so many, I don't know where to start.

One of the things about multi-ops is that they have unique personality, a
"team" spirit, especially when the same guys operate together for a while.
When you do that, little things happen that become very funny - but
sometimes they are a "you had to be there" thing.

N2NC just reminded me of a time at N2RM's in 1992 where we sang a song to
start the CQWW SSB contest.  Yes, we sang a song.  It was a parody of the
Patty Duke TV show theme, written by the eloquent & prolific N2NT
contrasting N2RM with his twin brother N8DM.  It is a classic.  "Here's
Dickie who lives in Michigan who works DX, now and again...But they're
brothers, identical brothers..." and so on.  Perhaps Andy can provide all
the lyrics.

Hopefully, hearing some of the stories will encourage others to do
multi-ops.  Operators have been in short supply for multi's in some areas.

73,
Bob N5NJ