[CQ-Contest] BARTG Spring RTTY KW contest

w2nra@optonline.net w2nra at optonline.net
Wed Mar 16 10:14:56 EST 2005

I’ve been thinking about the BARTG Spring RTTY KW contest, perhaps way more than I should.  I wonder who is demonstrating more arrogance, John GW4SKA, in eliminating the Low Power class, or me in writing this.  I guess it’s me, again.  Doesn’t the FCC require, though not enforce, the use of minimal power?  Doesn’t the IARU, ARRL and other amateur radio organizations advocate for lower power?  Don’t contesters already have a bad enough reputation in flooding the bands in fat signals almost every weekend?  Should an IARU organization such as BARTG promote the use of amplifiers?

 I realize that it is BARTG’s contest and they can do what they want.  But I can choose not to participate.  I’m still thinking about that one.  I will probably spend more time this weekend in the Russian DX CW contest.

73,
Art
W2NRA