[CQ-Contest] IRLP Contest

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Wed Mar 16 20:56:52 EST 2005

This is the truth Bill.  I have one friend here who I coaxed into taking the
5 WPM code test and get his general.  He was really excited when he started
talking on HF and last week he passed his Extra. But he was a rare
exception.

I quit the VE program because nobody was interested in getting a code
license.  All they wanted was the SOTC station and that was good enough.  No
matter how much we talked it up--not much interest in code.

I  thought of a good idea.  Why not give an entry class license, say for 1
year.  After that year you either upgrade or get off the air.  Oh yeah, we
used to do that and it worked fine.  Guess it wouldn't work nowadays.  73

Tom W7WHY