[CQ-Contest] Morse code practice on the iPod?

n6ki@juno.com n6ki at juno.com
Mon Mar 21 04:14:16 EST 2005

This from another ham friend more conversant in these matters than I.
The components exist from which this can be pieced together.

http://www.speroni.com/WavGen/ for example can generate WAV files
from text. The page talks about how to use it with Morse Academy to
generate practice exams. I bet a few of the CW trainers on Rod's web
page can do the same trick.

Then there are lots of MP3 encoders that can convert the WAV file
into an MP3. A popular and free one is called LAME and is available
at http://lame.sourceforge.net

So with those two tools and a little batch file, it would be easy to
make a morse code MP3 file.

As for off-the-shelf solutions, ARRL code practice sessions can be
downloaded directly in MP3 format from
http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/morse.html

73, Dennis N6KI