[CQ-Contest] More morse code practice on iPod

SJ W3TX superberthaguy at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 25 07:13:07 EST 2005

This system to create morse code practice audio was suggested by a responent
to my original question.  I tried it, and it works great

Link for a program called "WavGen":

http://ah0a.org/AH0A.html

WavGen is a command line DOS program.  In a nutshell, first you use Notepad
to create a .txt text file.  Then go to the dos prompt and command to
process the .txt file through WavGen.  WavGen then converts the .txt text
into cw in .wav file.  You can then import the .wav file into iTunes (or a
similar program) and listen to it or convert the .wav into a mp3 file.  Then
you may upload the file into your mp3 player.

The neat thing is that you can encode the text in an unlimited manner so
that WavGen changes code speed, note tone, and speed.  So you may be really
creative and make realistic sounding qso's (ie. they can sound like K5TR's
sprint practice files).

Hope this helps.  Most of all, have fun!!

73, Scott W3TX