[CQ-Contest] 14.300 discussion

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Mar 28 14:07:43 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 sawyered at earthlink.net wrote:

> One last point that I encourage you to consider.  The 3830 group has
> met right after a contest for as long as the maritime group, maybe
> longer.  It is not uncommon to find a QSO going on at 0005Z.  What do we
> do? Ask everyone to QSY for our established "NET" that has been going on
> for years? No, we QSY, up or down, by 5 - 7 kcs to a clear frequency to
> "pass our traffic".  Don't believe it, check it out for yourself.  About
> 50% of the time, it is not exactly on 3830.0.
>
> Ed  N1UR/NV1N

Not too hard to find, either.  I can remember several instances where 3830
was occupied after a contest.  I just tuned around and listened and
usually found a few of the contesters I'd worked in the contest
ragchewing within 10 kHz or so.  The 3830 group usualy materialized on
that frequency.

73, Zack W9SZ