[CQ-Contest] Nets and Nuts

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Mar 28 17:22:42 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 K3BU at aol.com wrote:

> Oh, boy!
> While I have a consideration for nets that serve purpose, I have a problem
> with some of them.
>
> First, so called DX nets destroyed DXing (for me anyway) with "last heard you
> were 3 by 3" and "good contact". I quit collecting countries with this kind
> of "assistance", means nothing anymore (how did you get your 300 something DXC?
> On the "nets", or on your own?).

As a note, the really rare ones do not get on nets.  It's possible to work
DXCC on nets but not to get 300 countries.

If the guy who has been using nets to work his DX gets really serious
about it, he's going to realize he'll never work the once-every-10-years
big DXpeditions on a net.

73, Zack W9SZ