[CQ-Contest] Nets and Nuts

n6ki@juno.com n6ki at juno.com
Mon Mar 28 22:28:34 EST 2005

Wow! What a pis*ing contest and waste of bandwidth we have going here
re the 14.300 thread.

OK..let's see

The 14.300 guys aren't moving

The contestors will continue to inadvertantly interfere
with the guys on 14.300

There are other avenues to use if have have a boat and if you have an emergency...

The contesters CAN NOT move to 17 mtrs

THE 14.300 guys CAN EASILY MOVE !!

WOW !....What ..what a viable solution !

Well, IMHO, the sooner the 14.300 guys start ...and yes. it could take a couple years to get the Maritime traffic over to 17 meters
the, the sooner the 14.300 Maritime Net guys will be able to pass traffic without having to waste time driving off wayward contestors !

...and just think...in 5 years when we are on the upside of the sunspot cycle and contesting IS growing,....the guys on 14.300 will have even MORE interference to deal with.

...But..in 5 years ...the Maritime net could be running just fine, with minimal interference on 17 mtrs. Reprogram some radios, retune the backstay for 17 mtrs...put out a few bulletins in ham journals ...and even Gordon West could promote 17 mtrs and still make a good living...

Sounds relatively straight forward to me.

73, Dennis N6KI