[CQ-Contest] 14.300 MM Net

sawyered@earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 29 08:39:05 EST 2005

Since it is quite obvious from these posts and logical for anyone who has contested on 20M SSB, there is a very high probability that someone is on 14.300 Running EU or US at 1100Z when the MM nets starts.  I wonder if someone from the Net or someone who listens to the net could comment if they have ever heard the net operating on any frequency other than 14.300.  Evidence that the net sometime operates  +/- QRM (as required by FCC rules) would show that that the comments being given here are not entirely accurate.  That the group actually does mutually respect other amateurs, doesn't own the frequency, and isn't in violation of the FCC Rules regarding intential interference.

I would welcome such dialog to be added here.  Right now, the impression is that whatever is heard on 14.300 at 1100Z, these boys crank up the amps and started broadcasting.  Then after that, the frequency police spend the next 12 hours clearing a snow plow sized hole in the 20M phone band so that a bunch of 70 something yearold retired hams using no filters and 20 feet of wire don't have to put headphones on to listen and maybe screw up their tan line.  I certainly hope this isn't the case.

Ed  N1UR/NV1N