[CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz

WI8W wi8w at wi8w.org
Tue Mar 29 11:48:46 EST 2005

Having the Maritime net move to 17 meter band will not work
either...there is a unofficial movement (by the amateurs that use the
bands)  to prevent any kind of net operations on the WARC bands.  The
County Hunter net on 14.336 moved their CW ops from 14.056 to 30 meters
because of poor propagation conditions and they are getting all kinds of
grief from other hams on that band.  You should hear the idiots qrming
their operations on the weekends.  That net recognized that they had to
move and look what they got for their efforts.  If the Maritime Net
moved to 17 meters,  I expect they would get the same treatment.  I also
find it amusing that some hams on this list think that if 20 meters is
not open (because of low MUF) that 17 meters would be.   These are also
probably the hams that think 3670- 3700MHz is in the 80 meter band.

It was nice to see that someone on this list sent a complaint to Riley.
Maybe it will be the contesters that get admonished for it.  Maybe it
will be the Maritime Net operators as well.  In either case,  we all
loose.  No one owns a frequency, not you, not me, not the weekend
contester and not the Maritime net.  I will be watching the ARRL website
for the FCC Notices.

60 Meters is just the beginning...I can see channalization of all the
ham bands in the future.  Then we will not need VFO's,  just a channel
selector knob.  Push buttons would work nicely.  When was the last time
you used a VFO on the 2 meter or 440 Mhz repeater bands?

There is no excuse under the regulations for qrming a net that is in
operation on any frequency.  There is also no excuse, in my opinion, for
the behavior exhibited by the  net's operators.  Net operators and
contest ops are equally to blame.

Can we stop this thread now and stop pointing fingers? It really solves
nothing if you think about it.

By the way,  I am not part of the Maritime Net and I do not operate SSB.

We have the same kind of problems in the CW and RTTY bands.  Please see
the thread about the CW Sprint and the CW WW WPX RTTY Contest scheduled
for the same weekend.  Same arguement...different situation.

de wi8w