[CQ-Contest] Real emergencies

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Tue Mar 29 17:12:20 EST 2005

Speaking of things like that... would it not be a good idea for the arrl to
advice their emergency coordinators, races, or ares people of contest
stations that may be useful to contact for emergency use?  While I am often
too busy to go find out who to contact or what they might need I would be
more than happy to support their tests (providing they don't conflict with a
major contest) and real emergencies of course.  And while maybe I don't know
all the latest traffic handling procedures and formats I have the equipment
to be on 8 or 9 bands at once in just about any mode they might need on
short notice.  It might be a good idea for someone at the arrl to do a bit
of cross pollination and see if more contesters could be recruited to
provide support for emergency services.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net