[CQ-Contest] Real emergencies

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Mar 30 19:32:37 EST 2005

My copy of ITU documents does not have it, but I believe that the
condition in my station license - specifically referring to Resolution
640 of WARC-79 - said something about emergencies, protection
of life, etc.

Everyone's license ultimately ties back to this stuff.  Radio waves
do not recognize political boundaries.  If USA is signatory to ITU
Convention, then the rest of the world expects you lot to abide
by it.

And it would look pretty silly to the rest of us if the likes of W5KFT
doing the right thing falls foul of more restrictive conditions applied
by the FCC.

73, VR2BrettGraham