[CQ-Contest] Worked Before...

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Thu Mar 31 22:12:47 EST 2005

KI5DR's post reminded me of a little goof of my own in WPX SSB.

Somewhat embarrassing, but I don't feel too bad about it.

TS3A was CQing with one voice & replying to callers with another -
one that I found hard to understand.

I had apparently worked them before, but busted the call - presumably
because of whatever my problem was trying to decipher their audio.

If you are going to fob off someone who calls you, because he is in
your log despite that station insisting you are not in his, clearly say
Maybe even say "I gave you number <number-sent> & you gave me
number <number-received>".

It still would have been quicker to just work me & carry on.

If he thinks he worked me & I do not, I may very well have deleted
the busted Q from my log - penalty to you, plus I tripped up your
run.

73, VR2BrettGraham