[CQ-Contest] Worked Before...

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Thu Mar 31 23:13:13 EST 2005

Scott, KI5DR wrote;

---
I encountered an incident a couple of times this last weekend during WPX SSB.
Once was on 10m SSB working an SA station, and he gave me "sorry, worked
before".
---

Although only part-time in the WPX, I had more than I wanted of these
embarrassing situations.

WL clearly showed a new station, non-dupe status when I typed in the
callsigns, called the stations, only to be told "worked before".  Several
even gave me the QSO # and time, and scrolling back through the log,
discovered we had in fact QSO'd.  Bizarre.

The culprit was WL, and my apologies to any (one might have been KI5DR :-)
who had to endure this technological based problem during the contest.  I
need to do more research, but I believe most of the problems involved
"split" frequency operation.

73...

Rick, K6VV