[CQ-Contest] e QSL

Stuart Santelmann KC1F kc1f at adelphia.net
Tue May 3 19:16:14 EDT 2005

> Please allow me to clarify one point. I don't want LoTW to do the
> "correcting" of logs. If LoTW says no match, there is no match.
>
> What I DO want is for individuals to submit a corrected log to LoTW when
> called for. If I submit a QSO with N1AA and later determine it was really
> N1AU (one dot different) I would resubmit the corrected log to LoTW. I'm
> not suggesting we make wholesale changes to logs just to provide a QSL,
but
> when we are reasonably certain the contact did take place - with a minor
> error - it should be confirmed.
>
> --
> Bill, W6WRT

Bill:

    Thanks for making my dad N1AU famous for 15 minutes !  You'll have to CQ
to work him on CW, but he's 100 % LoTW !  He's been a ham since 1955 (nearly
made it in the late '30s), and got me into this stuff when I was in junior
high.  The Sky Buddy was the radio he wanted during the Depression - I found
him a Sky Buddy II  on consignment a while back as a present, but I don't
think he's had the nerve to plug it in without a fire extinguisher handy...

                Regards                Stu        KC1F