[CQ-Contest] license class and m-m op's

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Sun May 8 06:51:05 EDT 2005

Hi all...I have heard that there was a recent FCC action taken against a
station that allowed a technician class ham who operated in a
contest.....the FCC said that the control operator allowed him to make qso's
with stations in a contest that he did not have 3rd party qualifications...I
may have some of the details not quite correct, but the message is still
valid...can a m-m have operators who are operating with privileges of the
control operator?? Is the operator limited to the frequency limits of
his/her class of license? Or am I simply overacting on something that's
really not that important??

thanks de Rick nq4i