[CQ-Contest] license class and m-m op's

Dan Violette danki6x at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 19:46:27 EDT 2005

K1TTT references a letter I received.  What actually started the thread was when I saw in the ARRL DX contest rules prohibited those with a lesser class license operating in the higher class band.  This caused us to cancel a multi-op SSB effort with some "newbies".  The FCC rules seemed to conflict with the ARRL rules.  When I got the letter from the ARRL Regulatory Branch, I sent it to the ARRL contest branch and got the rule removed.  It came back a couple years later.  I have not looked at the rules in a few years to see if it is still in there.

Dan, KI6X