[CQ-Contest] Dream Radio One......unveiled at Dayton ???

K3BU@aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Fri May 13 14:36:14 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/13/2005 1:57:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ken.Knopp at verizon.net writes:
>>  I have heard a rumor that  Computer Radio has a prototype of there
"Dream Radio One" and will be unveiling it at this years Dayton, supposedly
next to the Icom booth. I have done a search on "Dream Radio One's"
web site, and see no mention of the prototype, just a very vague reference
to two "top notch receivers" Am curious if anybody else has heard of the
new rig ??

        And btw, if all this is, is just a rumor, my apologies to all for
spreading it !<<

First, its "computeradio" and "their" DR1.
Second, you should not make up and spread rumors that are not true.

All the information that is available and can be at this time released is at
the www.computeradio.us Web site, no need for rumors. If more information
becomes available, it will be announced there, from "horses mouth".

I tried to get on the Dayton contest forum and make presentation about the
designs of new generation of radios and describe DR1 design philosophy and
features, but was turned down "no room for commercials". So you will have to wait
and keep checking the web site, It is going to be publicized there and DRone
reflector will be used to communicate with users.

As far as status of the project, case, computer part, operating system are
done. We are looking into 64 bit processors, mother boards, PCI-X and 64 bit OS
(more power for DSP etc.) We are finishing the work on legalities. We are
aiming at releasing stable product, no "vaporware". Those at Orlando Hamcation had
a chance to have a peek at the design and features. It is taking us a bit
longer than we expected, but with product like this, we'd rather have solid
product than trying to finish the design in your shack.

As Paul Harvey says: "Standby for the rest of the story!"

73  Yuri, K3BU