[CQ-Contest] CQWW PHONE UBNs

jukka.klemola@nokia.com jukka.klemola at nokia.com
Mon May 16 08:10:36 EDT 2005

As a contest organiser, I must say the errata is for entrants
only.

The statistics of all entrants may be shown and I show
the domestic contest errata on SRAL magazine.

- yes - we still publish more than just the results -

We have around 50 participants in our 4 main events that
carry both kinds of QSOs. Both, CW and SSB.

That does not occupy much room in the magazine.

The entrants are of various levels of skill.
Like may know, the end result does not reflect it all.

I strongly suggest us to keep the contests so the newcomers will
not be discouraged in any way.
We have very limited ways of luring them in.

We definitely should not push them away from contesting.

I have seen a couple of guys developing their skills
that have been hired guns before turning into big guns.
First real development comes with accuracy.
After that comes real interest and then sustained score
improvement and later the own station starts to grow.

73,
Jukka OH6LI