[CQ-Contest] QSO Penalties

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Tue May 17 18:52:14 EDT 2005

N5NJ suggested to K3BU:

>Again, your beef is with the stations who did not log you, not with the log
>checking process or the penalty.

"Beef" may not be quite the right word.  -Ns happen & 40m SSB is
probably the best place for it.  Frustrating as the penalty may be,
my reaction is to review each -N to learn what I can do to avoid
them in future.  But at the end of the day, there are always one or
two where the response is "Gee, sorry" when you send a snippet
to the guy who can't explain why he didn't log you despite a fairly
certain Q taking place (even to him).

And you would think somebody who just worked a VR would log
it, wouldn't you?

Best one can do is to channel that frustration into trying to do better
next time.

73, VR2BrettGraham