[CQ-Contest] Voice Keyer

Jacob W Tennant k8jwt at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 4 12:46:17 EST 2005

Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that WriteLog and N1MM (ofwhich I use) all have
a DVK system built into them. What I was investigating was if someone had
designed a PIC based voice keyer for use when a computer was either
unavaialable or unwanted such as when I go out to a mountaintop in my car
whereas I log on paper and I don't have a laptop to use.

Was just thinking about something simple for VHF contesting that wiuld run
on a 9volt battery has on message with repeat that would work inline with
the factory microphone so I could hit one button and it would repeat "cq
contest this is k8jwt" every 5 seconds till I turn it off to reply to
someone or the battery died.

Basically I was looking at a cheap simple device.

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT