[CQ-Contest] CWJF MM on Dayton Weekend

py8azt@uirapuru.org py8azt at uirapuru.org
Sat Nov 5 13:10:21 EST 2005

The CWJF - Clube de CW de Juiz de Fora, Board had decided to open the Manchester Mineira Contest to all Americas on next issue - An old request.

The Manchester Mineira Contest born as domestic Brazilian competition, but after 13 years of ample success, of which 9 opened to South America, the next CWJF MM is honored to include North America, Caribbean and Central America.

CWJF MM Is the biggest CW contest in South America. Year after year, the CWJF MM grow and hit over 400 entrants in 2005; over 30 thousands QSOs (average of 77 QSO/entrant). We are expecting over 700 entrants in 2006.

I'm helping write the 2006 rules. So, I need to address a particular issue. Happens that our Contes has been hold on May, third weekend - same Dayton weekend. In 2006, should we keep the contest on this date or chase a better weekend for this contest? Our point is ensure maximaum North American participation. Is it possible with Dayton happening?

73, Luc
----
PY8AZT and PX8C @ Contest

Portal Uirapuru http://www.uirapuru.org
Skype User: luc_py8azt
MSN: py8azt at hotmail.com
Membership LABRE / ARRL / CWJF / Uirapuru DX Club