[CQ-Contest] license classes in SS CW

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Nov 9 12:03:37 EST 2005

I would tend to agree with you Hans.

In last years phone sweepstakes, I had what I thought was a spectacular run
on 20m on Sunday.  I ran on the same frequency for over 3 hours and the qso
rate was amazing for Sunday.  Needless to say I didn't need to move.

Determining when to move from a frequency is the challenge.  Sometimes the
grass is not always greener down the band.

Here is the license breakdown as of yesterday.  I don't have the time to go
back a few years to look at the trend.  Lots of Generals and Advanced class
licenses still out there.

State/Territory   Novice   Tech   Tech-Plus   General   Advanced   Extra
Total
TOTAL   		27340    272883 45404       135652    74862
107235  663376

There are almost as many Tech licenses as the other classes put together.