[CQ-Contest] SO2R -- reclaiming freqs

Michael Dinkelman mwdink at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 10:40:07 EST 2005

I had one interesting SO2R experience this weekend. I
was calling CQ and had lined up a new one on another
band. When he stopped CQing, I jumped over and worked
'em.

Alas, when I came back, my CQ frequency was occupied
by a CQer - which was fair in my mind, I had left. I
just answered and then worked him. Then, he said "your
freq" which blew my mind. I sent a couple question
marks but he was already gone. :>) I resumed my use of
the frequency.

I've lost many a freq when jumping to work someone
else. It's only fair and when I get so bad that I
can't lose it gracefully - it's time to get out of the
game. This was was unexpected but nice. I guess the
guy knew what had happened. I'll always remember it.

73
dink, n7wa