[CQ-Contest] SO2R -- revised opinion?

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 17:09:06 EST 2005

> Yes, I realize contesting will never be totally "fair", but this is
> one area where the playing field could be made more level with very
> little effort.

Contesting --- really competitive contesting --- is all about trying to
develop skills that will be difficult for the other players to duplicate,
thus tilting the playing field in your favor.  SO2R is such a skill, and
asking for rules protection because some other guy is more skilled seems to
me the antithesis of radiosport.

I've tried SO2R and I simply don't have the knack of pulling it off, but I
admire the sportsmen who can.  Best I can manage is SO1.5R --- should I
lobby for such a category?

YMMV.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--