[CQ-Contest] N3BB Mobile SS

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sun Nov 13 17:30:26 EST 2005

At 04:39 PM 11/10/2005, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

>--- Zack Widup <w9sz at prairienet.org> wrote:
>
> > So are you the first Rover to participate in Sweepstakes?  You GOTTA do
> > the same route for the January VHF SS!  :-)
>
>No, he's not the first.  Jim K8MR did it several years straight.

I was wrong - Jim travelled to several stations to operate but did

From: Jimk8mr at aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:56:29 EST
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N3BB Mobile SS

Yes, my SS operation was from N8TR, AC8E, K8MR, W8AJ, and K8AZ.  No
operation while mobile between the stops.

In addition to my many state qso party mobile operations, I have
occasionally made some qsos in other contests while on trips for
other reasons.  I did the 2002 WRTC while driving to a vacation in
SC, operating from NC and SC for a hundred or so qsos.  Once did CQP
for a few hours on the way to visit my daughter at college.  It
certainly makes a ride seem a lot shorter!

73  - Jim  K8MR/4    (on vacation if FL, to which we flew)