[CQ-Contest] Request for Inputs - NCJ Contesting on a Budget
PaulKB8N at aol.com
Thu Nov 17 17:40:19 EST 2005
Thanks for your inputs in the past. I've changed direction a little on this
issue's topic. The topic is budgeting and tracking contesting expenditures.
- Do you track your contesting expenditures on a regular basis?
- Do you analyze your expenditures to determine trends? (i.e. are there
high failure rates in certain components of your station?)
- Do you set a specific budget each year, or do you spend as funds become
- Do you know how much you are spending each year on your station?
- Do you budget for travel as well? (Visalia, DXpeditions, etc.)
- How do you deal with unexpected expenses?
- Are you able to correlate expenditures to overall station performance,
- Any other insights regarding budgeting and tracking expenses will be
I'd like to receive your inputs by Sunday evening (11/20) if possible, and
I'll burn the midnight oil to get an article to Carl by COB Monday. As
always, thanks in advance for your inputs!
More information about the CQ-Contest