[CQ-Contest] The greying of Morse?

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 21 18:07:11 EST 2005

I think the earliest individual station checks I worked this weekend
were "32."  I did notice that the Georgia Tech Club Station, W4AQL, was
using "10."  In past years, they had used something like "34."
Obviously the AQL callsign doesn't date from 1910, but I guess there
could have been an amateur radio club about that time.  Only really
important thing at this time is that two digits be selected and sent
consistently by each station.  I probably should have started using
something more easily understood than "54" years ago, but I always
wanted the information to mean a little more than just being consistent
and being copied.

73,

John, K4BAI.