[CQ-Contest] Exchanges (was SS SSB CONTEST)

Richard DiDonna NN3W NN3W at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 22 09:49:20 EST 2005

I really can't disagree here.  The signal report in WW
is useless - and frankly the zone is basically useless
since CT and other logging programs actually fills it
in for you.  Of course, you still have to listen to
ensure its correct.

I think part of the calculus that keeps folks going in
certain contests is knowing your competitor's Q
scores.  This past weekend in Sweepstakes, I heard my
competitor's scores and it forced me to work even
harder than I would have.  I'm sure it might cause a
few to quit, but the rest who are really in it will
cause them to press on.

In light of this, how about dispensing with the signal
report in CQWW and change it to sequential QSO number
and CQ zone?

For stations that are M/2 or M/M, have the rules allow
for separate QSO counters per transmitter.  For those
that are SO and M/S, the single sequential serial
number would be sufficient.

73 Rich NN3W