[CQ-Contest] Meaningful 3830 posts

VA3NR va3nr at arrl.net
Wed Nov 23 18:30:11 EST 2005

Hello contesters:

With CQ WW getting very close, I wanted to make a friendly suggestion.  I find it very helpful when people include some additional information in their 3830 posts, rather than just the bare minimum.  Some of the posts are very entertaining and that's terrific - thanks for those.

I realize not everyone is able or will choose to write a lengthy soapbox, but listing the antennas used during the test, hours at the rig, and including the rate sheet should be pretty painless for most everyone.  This is not just for big-guns.  After a big test, its also fun to read the posts from the part-timers or severely antenna-restricted to maybe see why you missed some QSOs, or maybe learn what was the smallest antenna you pulled out of the noise on 160...etc.

Sharing this information and maybe giving out some subtle hints at your strategy will help us all become better operators and that's more fun for everyone.

Hope to hear you all this weekend.  GL & have fun.

73, Chris VA3NR.