[CQ-Contest] Realtime Scoring for all now with N1MM support

Pat Collins N8VW n8vw at linuxcolumbus.com
Fri Nov 25 10:46:24 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:32:56 -0500, Pete Smith <n4zr at contesting.com> wrote :

> Pat, should we expect incompatibilities between your score reporting
software and Dave's?  I notice that you say "In the N1MM logger.ini file
look for the [other] section and add the following line:

> Running Score Location = realtimescore\runningscore.txt"
>
> Dave's instructions say exactly the same thing.  Is it simply a matter of
both programs reading the same text file?

Yes.

> I notice that yours wants to install a rather large .dll, and also over 3
meg of Python files, and I'm just wondering about destructive outcomes.
Have you tested with both installed and running simultaneously?

Nothing is installed in system32 so there are no destructive consequenses,
just the price of free software.  Any updates will just require replacing
the exe, so the next download will be smaller.  Kind of like .net.

> Where should your files be installed?  In the realtimescore folder, or in
the base program file?

I hard coded the path to N1MM, but the path to the score file can be
adjusted in the ini file.  Sorry 'bout that.

Pat